Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sango's Journey Part 3: Stonetalon and Barrens

The biggest section of Joana's Guide so far, from level 15-20 in 78 easy steps.

Thanks to the wonders of modern phone spamming and caller ID spoofing technology, I didn't get any sleep Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday mornings, so I had to do this section of the guide in little chunks of playtime. The third section of the guide was only 6 steps, so I'm combining it with the next, much longer section, for this entry.

Joana first has us dip into the Stonetalon Mountains for a couple of quests to get from 15-16. Nothing too big to report here, the last quests were up north, so it made sense to hit these as well. It was the first time I've taken my little warlock into contested territory, so my paranoia level was high, but the trip was uneventful. This section got me from 15 to 16 as promised.

The next section of the guide takes us on a grand tour of the Barrens, heading a bit further South. All of the quests were reasonably easy to do for a warlock at my level, though I did incur a few corpse runs through inattentiveness. At one point, the guide sends you to Thunder Bluff to turn in a quest and train. Unfortunately, Taurens don't tolerate our kind, so Warlocks need to go to Ratchet to train. The guide will take you there soon after, but I went ahead and flew over to train because I wanted new skills.

The /played time numbers are kind of average compared to other characters I've leveled in the zone. Then again, the Barrens is huge and I did an unusual number of corpse runs from stupidity. I expect the guide to kick into higher gear once I get a few levels. Now that I have some talent points spent, Sango is a much more efficient Warlock, and will only improve with levels.

Warlock note: It looks like the guide is going to send me near my next stage of Succubus quest anyway, so I'm holding off on doing it for now.

Total time played to 20: 22 hrs 42 mins

Time played 15-20: 9 hrs 7 mins