Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sango's Journey Part 2: The Barrens

Joana's Guide forgot the important first step: /leave 1.

After leaving general chat in the Barrens, I set about following the next stage of the guide, from level 12 to 15. While Durotar really doesn't take much to optimize, I figured the Barrens would prove a nice test for the guide. After all, the Barrens is huge, and packed with quests.

Reading forward in the guide, I see that there's a quick divergence to the lower level Stone Talon quests, then it gets back to the Barrens. So, my next session will also be covering the Barrens.

The order of things was laid out very smartly, and made sense. I tend to get easily distracted, by doing things like tabbing out to surf while eating and drinking, and on the longest walk of the guide to get to a quest area, I actually walked the same distance in the opposite direction by mistake! I blame the telemarketers that kept interrupting my beauty sleep for the errors. I also got myself into several stupid spots and had more corpse runs than normal today.

All that said, the guide worked well. There was nothing in this section that was beyond a Warlock's abilities to accomplish (an alert one anyway). I didn't do the quests at the tail end section of the guide, having gotten myself into a spot where I couldn't res safely and spirit ressing. So, I wasted some precious travel time. I had already hit 15 before starting those, however.

My hunter guildmate reports good success with the guide as well. He's not questing exclusively, taking time to do crafting as well, but he's hit 20 since he picked up the guide, which was after I did. After the servers come up tomorrow, I hope to get a nice long session and clear a big chunk of the Barrens out.

Time played to 15: 13 hrs 35 mins

Played time 12-15: 4 hrs 49 mins