Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Alt Bug is Nibbling at My Toes

Is it time for me to break out Joana's Guide again, or perhaps Brian Kopp's?

I've already lamented the fact that in order to pimp out my PVE toons, I'll need to collect hundreds of Badges of Justice. Gearing up the Warrior for PVP is yet another time consuming grind, though I'm going about it very casually.

I've decided to retire my Hunter and Druid, for the most part. I'll likely finish off my Hunter's epic leatherworking pieces, but that's about it, perhaps use him to farm daily quests.

So, do I need another alt? Is the grass really greener? I dunno, but I'm getting that itch again, even as I'm preparing for two toons to shuffle off into retirement.

My candidates are Memories, a brand new (rotting) Undead Rogue on my PVP server, and Howard, my level 34 PVE server Warlock. I was working on Sango, as the sidebar shows, for PVP, but after crushing better-geared 'locks with my Warrior, and being constantly annoyed by Rogues on all my characters, decided to roll Rogue. My 2v2 partner for my Druid is currently a Rogue, and I think Rogue/Rogue may give better control options. The Warlock, I just want finished so I can collect the Season 2 Warlock Set to wear around town. It just looks that cool. (It'll also give me a fifth 70 to do dailies and farm with on my PVE server.)

Although I won't be able to play them much, as I'm devoting most of my playtime to my Warrior, Mage and Paladin, I think I'm going to do a weekly play session with each of my new alts. I'll do a series of posts with each, to review the guides, and put it up somewhere on the web, with linkage.

I'll be using the Blood Elf starting area (starting at level 5) for the Rogue, so I can check out that section of the guide, and my Warlock may prove some insight into using one of these guides with an already existing character.