Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sango's Journey Part 5: Ashenvale and the Zoram Strand

Joana's Guide takes Sango to strange shores for a quick level.

I took a few days off Sango, and while I'd like to claim it was a clever ploy to maximize my rested experience, I was really just farting around PVPing with my 70s. Another reason for the procrastination was that I really didn't want to take the hike across Ashenvale to the Zoram Strand.

This was another short section of the guide, designed to go from level 21 to 22, and to get you the Splintertree and Zoram Strand flight paths. Once again, I found myself in contested territory. I merrily went on my way, killing spiders and bears and wolves, oh my! Then SPLAT, level 64 ally Warrior. (Yay for Armory spying.) Unfortunately, my Druid was pretty far away, so no retribution was in store for my little Gnomish friend. Oh, but it will be, yes, it will be. So, after a bit of punitive killing in Astranaar, I was on my merry way.

The Zoram Strand part had me do Vorsha the Lasher, which was one of the quests that Joanna suggests you can come back and do around level 24 if you can't complete it at 22. It was a pretty simple quest, helping an NPC kill two waves of three mobs each, then a hydra with a pretty cool paint job. At 22 this was pretty simple for a Warlock. I think with the talent points and spells available at this stage that Sango is catching up in solo power to an even level hunter, so the guide should be pretty easy to follow going forward.

I only varied a little bit from the guide this time around. I ran into one of the mobs for The Ashenvale Hunt, Ursangous, so I killed him. He was a hair bear, and a scary bear, but I unpacked my DOTs and it all turned out well. I flew back to Splintertree for an easy 1950 experience before hearthing back to the Barrens at the end of the section. I'd say it was worth it. I don't think chasing roaming mobs is on the schedule for the guide, so doubt I'll be told to track the three beasts in Ashenvale down later, but if the opportunity arises to pick one off, my advice is to go for it.

Total time played to 22: 1 day 4 hours 35 minutes

Time played 21-22: 3 hours 20 minutes