Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Skeletons for U Chinese People!

I thought this was interesting: Skeletons have been removed from the Chinese version of WoW. I believe China has some strict laws on violence in games, but really... I wouldn't mind if we got rid of skeletons on US servers too! They seriously pile up in some world PVP areas, and I think contribute to framerate drops. The article doesn't state if this means all skeletons and bones or just those from PVP deaths, but I'm assuming the latter, as removing all the scenic ones strikes me as too much work for Blizzard to bother with. (If it is ALL bones and skeletons, then we know why the male orc shoulders haven't been fixed!)

BONES and skeletons have disappeared from the Chinese version of the popular online fantasy game, World of Warcraft (WoW), sparking fierce criticism from the nation's army of players.


Read more.