Buy World of Warcraft Joana's Guide - Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, October 26, 2007

E-Z Epics in 2.3 WoW Patch

If you've been paying any attention at all to the upcoming patch, you'll have noticed that in the upcoming patch, quite a few obtainable epics are being made available. If you go to www.mmo-champion.com, you'll be able to find some lists and screens of these. There are quite a few new heroic badge rewards, as well as upgraded PVP epics, and the addition of Season One Gladiator sets becoming buyable with honor and battle ground marks.

If you've bothered to check in here lately, or just glanced at my post dates, you'll realize that I haven't been all that active on the old blog. This blog is largely a reflection of my WoW activity, which means I also haven't been playing a whole lot lately.

With an expansion pack on the way, meaning all of my factions and current equipment being made obsolete rather quickly following its release, my attention had waned. Patch 2.3, however, has done a fiendish job of dangling a big fat carrot in front of my nose, so now I find myself grinding out battlegrounds and hitting Heroics for gear. (By the way, in 2.3, you'll only need Honored rep for heroic keys.)

Will all of the goodies patch 2.3 also become obsolete when the Wrath of the Lich King comes out? Certainly. However, leveling up my Warrior with the PVP epics and Season One gear will be easier than the crappy DPS blues I'm wearing now. Likewise, some of the best Paladin Ret gear in the game post-Burning Crusade has always been the PVP gear, so getting a full epic set of Ret gear in case I feel like being able to actually kill something in a timely manner while leveling up is another temptation. Heck, I'm bored with healing anyway, so running instances and raids Ret (which is getting some nice changes in 2.3) may be a pleasant change of pace. My Mage is pretty decently set up, but a few more PVP epics will help wash away the ugly blue stains on his character sheet. And, of course, my Druid will be going for the Season 3 Gladiator set, as he's my current main, and all I do with him is PVP with the occasional heroic instance tossed in.

Ok, it's AV weekend, so that's enough blogging for now. I have honor to grind!